Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dreams and Wants

I have to admit I don't feel like I have a lot of 'dreams.' I have plenty of 'wants' although I try not to think about those because I don't want to be selfish.
Growing up I had the dream of being a singer. I knew that whoever I married would also be a musician. I did marry someone who plays strings and loves music as much as I do. Am I a singer... um... in my car. The only other dream I had was to marry a man who loved God and who would love me.... I got that.
I want to dream again.... I just don't know how... or what to dream for... I guess I am waiting on God to give me those dreams.

My wants and desires are there in my face... some of those, most of those, make me feel selfish.
I want to be a great wife... I want to be everything my husband wants and needs.
I want to be a great mother to my son. I good mixture of mother/friend.
I want a nice home.
I want to be healthy (which means... dropping some weight.)
I want to be out of debt... and not have to stress over money.
These things don't seem selfish....

Then there are things that I want, that I try not to talk about... material things (selfish, I know)... new car, new furniture.... etc. I even still have the desire for another baby... (comes and goes.. crazy, I know.) These wants and desires have caused issues between my husband and I... There have been times that I have caused him to feel like I'm not happy... and that he isn't providing enough. That isn't my intent at all. My husband works his butt off, in a burnt out job, that he really doesn't like. He is an amazing father. I love watching him with our son. He has what a lot of men don't when it comes to interacting with children. Some people say he is the kind of man that should have a house full of kids. He is also a wonderful husband. He puts up with me. He doesn't care if the house is perfect... or if I have dinner on the table. All he wants is time... he loves not being on a schedule... and just being able to be together as a family.

I know we are all selfish in our own ways... we all have to 'grow up' in different areas of our life.
I don't want to be viewed by anyone, especially by those I love, as selfish. I have tried not to have any 'wants' at all. I am happy with my life. I am blessed in so many ways. God has always taken care of us. I wouldn't trade anything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment